Monday, January 23, 2012

Red Carpet Time-Golden Globes 2012

 I love awards season. I don't care much for the shows but I love the styles that turnout on the red carpet. I was excited to watch the red carpet live for the 2012 golden globes, but realized I would be at the airport ready to catch a red eye for New York. Bummer Right??? No way....I was going to New York silly! But I couldn't wait to watch it on my DVR when I got home. I told my sister that I wouldn't write a blog about the golden globes because it would be a week later when I would actually have the chance to...but I couldn't help it. I started watching and my mind was going crazy! I have to get my thoughts out. I haven't watched any fashion police or checked blogs yet , these are just some humble opinions from a self proclaimed fashion commentator :-)

I like to start with WORST DRESSED to get it out of the way and move on to the good stuff.

Piper Parabo

I know what your thinking......"Rachel, how rude of you to find such a bad picture of Piper to post. But seriously I searched and there weren't good one to choose from. I watched her on the red carpet and she was everywhere. She was having a hard time posing for the cameras and pulling herself together. Her dress is awkward. The whole night she was trying to figure out where to put her hands and how to walk with her dress. I'm all for a dramatic dress, but if you can't even walk in it whats the point? She is beautiful, this just wasn't a good fit at all. She needed something more form fitting on her petite frame to help elongate her.



Emma Stone
I love this girl. She is a very talented actress. I love her style and I love how she can be bold and pull it off. I however, didn't like this look. It doesn't wow me one bit.  I wish the sleeves could have been different (longer)and the color isn't right. I think a deep blue would look amazing with her hair color and I would switch out the belt.
Here is Emma Stone from last year at the golden globes. She was my favorite from last year.
This is a trendy confident Emma. As much as I do love her red hair, her blond hair was smokin!




Frida Pinto


This girl is so beautiful! Not much can really make her look bad, I just don't think this is flattering, it makes her look bigger than she is. The fabric is too thick and bulky. She needed something lighter with more movement.





Kelly Osborn

Kelly is always trying to stand out and be different. She for sure achieved that. The color of this dress is perfect but the rest is not working. I don't understand why the stars wear dresses that wrinkle. I don't think this dress fits her well and her hair is .....well.......kinda.....crazy. I think it is funny that women everywhere (including myself) dye their hair to get rid of the grey, but Kelly dyes her hair to be grey. Kelly is always trying to push the envelope in fashion but I never get it. Maybe it's just me? She's a beautiful girl, I would love to see her soften her style.




Naya Rivera

I actually love the shape of this dress, high neckline and all. But the color is boring and the seam right down the middle makes bumps in the dress and takes away from the structure. Her hair and makeup are perfect!







Sarah Michele Geller

Beautiful girl.....Wrong dress. I think this print done on a casual flowy maxi dress would be awesome but not for the red carpet. She said in an interview that her 4 year old daughter picked out her dress. Although that is a nice thought........the moral here, don't let your children pick out your clothes for important events. :-)





Diana Argon



I actually could like this dress. I think its bold. I like the skirt and I think the top makes a statement. But the part that ruins it for me is how high the detail on the neckline goes. It changes the dress completely for me. If it were a different shape and a tad lower, I would like this dress.


Zoey Deschanel

I love Zoey. Its hard for me to put her on the worst dress list. I don't hate this dress, I think i just really disliked her hair that night, with the dress. It doesn't look so bad here but on the red carpet it wasn't good. with her hair pulled back I think I would appreciate this dress more.






Best dressed 






Diane Lane
She looks so young and fresh in this dress. Her hair is amazing and the way the dress pulls in at her waist gives her such an hour glass look.


Heidi Klum

Heidi Klum rocked it. The color is perfection and that pop of turquoise in her jewelry gives it a wow factor.

Heidi made up big time for last year. Here's a picture of her from one year ago.


Last year didn't work in so many ways.





                                                           Jessica Chastain


This girl was amazing in the Help. She turned it out big time for the red carpet. This Dress is elegant, sophisticated and glamorous. Can you see all of the pearl details on her dress. It's fabulous.




                                                                            Julieanne Moore

 Went more basic this year and she looks better than ever. The structure of this dress is amazing. I love the peplum skirt at the hips and then the mermaid at the bottom. Her hair is perfect and the pop of color from her earrings completes the look.



Here is Julieanne from last year. BIG difference!






Maria Munos

I love this dress!!!! I'm not sure how the fashion experts will feel about this dress, but I just love it. I love how bold the color is, I love the sparkle, and the shape and structure is amazing! I'm obsessed with the boat neck and the sleeves. Her makeup and jewelry is very minimal and lets the dress shine.


                                                                              

                                                                     Nicole Richie


I love Nicole Richie. She has amazing style and fashion sense. I'm constantly keeping up with her trends.This dress is like liquid metal. In March she will be on a show with Jessica Simpson called Fashion Star. I can't wait for this.



Octavia Spencer

Whoever dressed her for the golden globes is amazing and I need them to come dress me. She looks great! they were able to conceal problem areas and accentuate the positives. She is beautiful and it goes to show that you can be beautiful at any size.



Sofia Vergara

I love this funny lady. Her personality kills me! I loved her look this year. Her hair is sleek and beautiful and that dress is amazing. The bottom of this dress is so detailed. It has layers and layers of fabric creating waves of texture. I'm not sure this picture does it justice, so just trust me. It's fabulous!



Georgina Chapman

Gorgina is the designer of Marchesa. She is a fashion icon for sure so she really has to look amazing on the red carpet. I love, love, love this dress. Its different, its flowy, its feminine, it's perfect!





A huge color trend for the night was your beige and nude colors.










                                        Best hair of the Night. Reece Witherspoon. It's the disheveled look with out 
                                   looking trashy. It looks effortless but I'm sure it took some time to achieve.





Well there it is.
Who was your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. From the ones you shared here (missed the show!) I would say Heidi Klum! The dress and turquoise pair so well together! And the deep v back offsets the high neckline! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete