Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Renovation



Now this was a huge project. The day we signed for our building we were already in there priming the walls. We lived at the store from 10am to about 11pm (sometimes longer) just getting things up to par. Thanks to our husbands Wick, Jason, and Braden for all the hours of work and all the bossing around that you put up with. I'm really surprised that we are all still friends after the 3 weeks of that schedule. Thanks also to my brother Jace for making a special trip to help us lay the floor. Here are some pictures of the before and after....and a little goofing around in between.
my dad being a goof when he went to take out the "for rent" sign in the window.

I warned him these would be published.

we had our work cut out for us


Not sure how much Zo really worked, but he kept us entertained and was the best babysitter ever!

Jason and Zo spraying the texture.

Dad painting

Emma painting

Braden, Wick and Jason taking out the old lighting.
I don't have any pictures of us laying the flooring.....but rest assured we did it all by ourselves.......with the help of my brother Jace.

My mom and I at my favorite store IKEA. Shopping for furniture for our store. That was a fun day trip to phoenix.

We were all smashed in the front seat of my moms truck holding things on our laps that wouldn't fit in the back.
We kept laughing every time we thought about how stupid we looked. We finally made it to Globe when I got pulled over  
(no surprise to me). When the officer walked up we were all laughing so hard. My mom was holding naked mannequins on her lap and my sister was trying to cover the mannequins nakedness with her hands so the officer didn't see. I just told him I was all hopped up on Diet Coke and that's why I was speeding. He asked to see our registration. We all looked forever to try to find it under all the furniture. The kind officer finally just told us to go.
We finally got home at 1:30 am. Good Times!


Me in Home depot in the Valley on another trip to Phoenix. This time to get flooring and lighting. It was my Dad, Mom, and me this time. This was at the end of the day. My foot hurt so bad I didn't want to walk. So when we got in Home Depot, my Dad went and got me a scooter to drive! Then he proceeded to caution everyone around me that I was a crazy handicapped driver. I never felt like such a kid in my life. It was so fun!

AFTER













3 comments:

  1. Kathryn MullenauxMay 27, 2010 at 5:14 AM

    Sorellas is amazingly beautiful. The most amazing part is that you did it yourself. Thanks for posting pictures. I can't believe you got them taken without me in them....since I'm always there. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your store is ADORABLE.. i am so impressed by you!

    ReplyDelete